I came across the "Devacurl" system before and last week i purchased the book "CurlyGirl Handbook" I have heard so many good things about it , so i gave it a try.
One of the first things that i learned early on in the book was stop using regular shampoos. So many have "Sulfate" in it which is horrible for hair in general but worse for curls. I admit i was like what? no shampoo? Curls need moisture not to be stripped of it. Here are a few pointers.
- Use a botanical cleansing conditioner to wash hair.
- Use products with " no sulfate" & other harmful chemicals
- Don't ever use a comb or brush on your hair
- Don't use a cotton towel on hair , use microfiber towel or old tshirt
- Comb hair in shower with fingers.
- "scrunch up" when drying & placing product in hair.
As I continue to read the book , I plan on implementing the steps that are recommended on my hair. The few that i have followed so far have given me results that so far i am enjoying. I always say knowledge is power, just when i thought i had a system down of "dealing with my hair" I was told i was so wrong! haha
info & video via Devacurl
Shop mark.| YouTube| Twitter